The ShipStation Create Shipping Label step is an integrated step type that allows the Sidekick user to generate a shipping label using their ShipStation account.[wpvideo WMODTNKR]3 SIMPLE STEPS TO SETUPSTEP 1: Get ShipStation API Keys
- From ShipStation, head to Account Settings
- Select Account and then API Settings from the sidebar on the left.
- Click the Generate New API Keys button. Your Key and Secret will appear just above the button. Copy these to be entered on BrightReps (step 2).
STEP 2: Enter ShipStation API Keys on BrightReps
- Go to app.brightreps.com → Select “Integrations Lab” → select “ShipStation"
- Enter API Key: Copied from ShipStation (step 1)
- Enter API Secret: Copied from ShipStation (step 1)
- Select “Save”
STEP 3: Add ShipStation Create Shipping Label Step TypeTo enable this step type you must be on the Integrated plan and also have the integration setup in the Integrations Lab (see Step 1 and Step 2).As an admin you can define the default shipping information in addition to which fields you wish to show or hide on Sidekick. Fields that are visible on Sidekick can be edited by the rep on a case by case basis (ex. enter the Ship From with that specific customer info on a return shipping label).
- Ship From Info (Name, Company, Street, City, Zip, State, Country, Phone)
- Ship To (Name, Company, Street, City, Zip, State, Country, Phone)
- Carrier Options (ex. UPS, Fedex- pulled from your ShipStation account)
- Shipment Details (package size, weight)
In addition to the basic default shipping information the user can configure the following options.
- Auto Complete when Label Returned? (checkbox) - checking this box will auto complete the step once a label is generated and will save a click of flagging the step as complete. For cases where you may want to reference the label before moving onto the next step you can leave this unchecked.
- Auto Apply Verified Customer Info (Yes/No) - Select Yes if you are using the "Verify Customer Info" step and want the address to be applied to the shipping fields.
- Placeholder for Ship From: Name - If you want to add dynamic text to the Ship From field on Sidekick then you can click the + icon to add text. If you want to apply the verified name from the Verify Customer Info step then select "Verified Customer Full Name".